Thursday 11 November 2010

Winter sucks

After the Portsmouth exploits I decided to give myself a well earned rest. One whole week of no training. I've been easing myself back in the last week or two, but am only doing short runs. Come January I will basically have no life so from now until then I am taking it easy! It's no fun running 8, 9 or 10 miles in the dark, wind and rain after work so as I'm not in training at the moment- whyon earth would I bother?
It really is most liberating to decide on the way home 'nah it's raining, I'm not going out in this' and not have to feel guilty about it!

1 comment:

  1. Lazy.

    I'm really annoyed that just as I think my shin splints are getting better the pavements are covered in snow and ice....can't run on that or I'll end up with a new injury.

    ReplyDelete