Wednesday 26 January 2011

Not sure I want to do this anymore

Had a tough 4 miles last night, ended thinking 'I'm kidding myself with this'. Ventured out tonight and was going much better, until 3 miles in when I tripped, fell and smashed my face on the concrete. Got up, saw blood pouring everywhere and immediately thought I'd broken my nose. Was vaguely aware of a woman who'd pulled over shouting 'are you ok?' Ran up to her car and shouted at her 'I'm bleeding, is it my face? IS IT MY FACE??' She said 'yes but it's just your eye. But the blood is pouring down your face' She kindly gave me a pack of tissues and I then had to walk 2 miles home whilst trying to stem the gushing flow of blood from my head. It's hard to say what was my injured- my face or my pride. By this point my head was banging and passers by were looking at me as if I was mental. Can't really blame them, I unfortunately had a while top on, which now had blood all down the front. Eventually got home to survey the damage. One side of my face resembles Gordon Ramsay post hair transplant. Dreading waking up tomorrow morning to a bruised cheek and elephant man black eye. Ended the evening with a bag of frozen oven chips clamped to my face.
Not sure this is what I signed up for

No comments:

Post a Comment